1011 Page Street Troy, NC 27371
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Requires a Master's degree in Biology OR a Master's degree in a related field with 18 graduate semester hours in Biology.
Community College teaching experience, online instruction, and 18 graduate hours in chemistry or physics preferred.
The Biology Instructor is responsible of planning lessons, delivering lectures and assessing students in the field of biology. Biology teachers may also conduct laboratory sessions for experiential learning in addition to classroom research and study. Instruction may be classroom and lab in nature.
- Creating an effective learning environment.
- Keeping current with information and skills in the respective teaching field.
- Serving on college committees and attending meeting as assigned and/or requrested.
- Assisting in the recruitment, orientation, registration, retention, academic advisign, placement, and follow-up of students.
- Developing and coordinating a plan to ensure Institutional Effectiveness. This includes planning and evaluation activities for the Montgomery Community College planning process, relevant accreditation agencies, and the North Carolina Community College's Annual Program Review.
- Maintaining current course syllabi.
- Maintatining accurate records such as: Daily Attendance, Grades, Veterans and financial aid attendance reports and Other assigned instructional records.
- Assisting in the selection of textbooks, equipment, and supplies for each course.
- Initiating requests for equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for the inventory and maintenance of equipment and supplies in their respective department.
- Attending graduation functions and ceremonies.
- Working with advisory committees to ensure relevant curriculums, instruction/materials and student placement.
- Enhancing personal teaching skills, taking full advantage of the latest technological applications in teaching and subject matter, and taking responsibility for an effective professional development plan.
- Fulfilling all contract provisions, including but not limited to participating in meetings and completing work assignments/responsibilities during the contract period.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism as a representative of the college.
- Assisting the Department Chair/Director with updating the curriculum web page.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Dean, Department Chair/Director or Vice President of Instruction.