CFCC Downtown Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, September 21, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
● This position requires a Master’s degree earned from an accredited college or university with at least 18 graduate semester hours in chemistry courses.
● Knowledge of and the ability to teach the chemistry courses offered in the Science Department including general and organic chemistry.
● Prior experience in teaching at the post-secondary level is preferred.
Chemistry instructors must have broad competencies in teaching a range of chemistry courses; they must be student-centered and willing to use varied instructional methods to provide effective classroom, lab, and online instruction
● Teach a minimum of 18 credit/25 contact hours per semester, including evening and online classes as assigned.
● Prepare and execute lessons, lectures, activities, and exercises for lecture, laboratory, and online settings.
● Maintain safe and proper practices in compliance with OSHA standards in all student activities.
● Develop and prepare effective tests of different types to accurately evaluate student performance.
● Grade and return assignments and maintain accurate grading and attendance records.
● Provide prompt and appropriate professional correspondence to students and colleagues.
● Participate in curriculum development. Evaluate and modify student learning outcomes and instructional methods as needed.
● Contribute to college initiatives such as, but not limited to, recruiting, goal-planning, student success, and retention.
● Participate in faculty meetings, committee meetings, and professional development activities.
● Maintain scheduled office hours and a minimum of 30 hours on campus each week, scheduled to effectively meet the needs of students.