CFCC North Campus
Castle Hayne, NC
Closes: Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree, preferably in business or related field
- At least one years’ administrative experience in a business, community college or educational environment involving public contact with responsibilities requiring tact and confidentiality
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Intermediate to advance experience in Microsoft Office and Google Drive required
- Experience in curriculum and continuing education student services
- Ellucian Colleague experience preferred
To perform a variety of complex technical and administrative duties including process and review of records for Continuing Education; provide detailed information and advising to current and potential students for Continuing Education
This position is distinguished from the secretarial class by the high level of responsibility assumed and the complexity of duties assigned, i.e., coordination of records for certifying governmental agencies, accounting duties, knowledge of certifying agencies compliance guidelines, knowledge of and experience in both Continuing Education and Curriculum Programs and Pathways. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8am – 5 pm unless otherwise directed.
ESSENTIAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS STATEMENTS:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Compose and prepare a variety of regular and confidential documents including general correspondence, agendas, reports, class schedules, tests, course outlines, syllabi, contracts and memos from rough draft or verbal instruction; prepare copies of documents; communicate and coordinate information to appropriate agencies/departments.
- Verify and review required documents for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures.
- Update and maintain documentation for college and career pathways.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from students, faculty and staff, local and state agencies, provide detailed information and give directions.
- Prepare payroll information for submittal including the collection and distribution of time cards and pay sheets, both instructional and non-instructional.
- Audit contracts, review and process monthly paperwork including: fee rosters, pay and travel sheets, grade tests (if class applicable) and verify instructor attendance documents.
- Maintain regular and confidential departmental files, records and other data; gather and compile the required information as necessary; sort and file documents and records according to standard policies and procedures; input various information into computer; download, print, sort and file materials as appropriate.
- Assure completion of all reports to be sent to the appropriate state agencies and community college staff a timely manner to comply with internal audit guidelines.
- Maintain schedule for law enforcement classes at both on and off campus locations