Haywood Community College, Regional Center for the Advancement of Children, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde NC 28721
Closes: Friday, May 28, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Must be 21 years of age, Associates Degree in Early Childhood, B-K, or related field. Minimum 2 years of experience in an Early Childhood setting. Professional level of educational theory, child development and teaching skills. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Capable of relating to diverse age and demographic backgrounds. Physical ability sufficient to frequently walk, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds. Possess sound knowledge of the procedures and regulations specific to the care and education of infants and children. Possess a willingness to learn necessary skills and knowledge and to strive for continuous improvement. Demonstrate diplomacy, tact and professional demeanor.
Bachelor's Degree in B-K, or related field, and two years of experience in an Early Childhood setting.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Lead Teacher is responsible for planning and implementing the daily program of activities for a group of children in the Regional Center for the Advancement of Children and to follow Child Care Standards to promote the health, safety, and wellbeing of all children in their care.
The Regional Center for the Advancement of Children is a 5 star rated state-of-the-art child care facility operated by Haywood Community College serving children ages 6 weeks – 60 months.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- To establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment
- Designs appropriate room arrangement to support the goals of the classroom
- Plans and implements nutritious meal
- Promotes healthy eating habits
- Maintains a safe environment
- Posts necessary information to ensure the safety and well-being of the children
- Maintains an orderly learning environment
To advance physical and intellectual competence
- Provides a balance between child-initiated and teacher-initiated activities
- Provides a balance between quiet and active learning experiences
- Uses equipment for inside and outside play to promote physical development
- Involves children in planning and implementing learning activities
- Provides an integrated curriculum that meets the needs of each child
- Provides experiences that promotes language, literacy, and number development
To support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- Implements hands-on activities that develop positive self-worth and social skills
- Implements culturally diverse experiences
- Uses and promotes positive guidance techniques
- Provides a wide variety of creative and expressive activities
- Establishes routines with smooth transition periods
- Communicates with children at their developmental level
- Encourages children to be independent
To establish positive and productive relationships with families
- Promotes open communication with parents through weekly progress notes, monthly newsletter, or semi-annual parent conferences
- Provides a variety of ways that families can participate in the program
- Encourages parents to participate in the program
To ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to participant needs
- Assesses program supplies and materials needed prior to implementing activities
- Supervise assistants, aides, and volunteers working in the classroom
- Maintains written plans in a weekly/monthly basis
- Assesses children's needs and developmental progress on an ongoing basis
- Uses the results of assessment to plan activities
- Accurately maintains classroom budget
To maintain a commitment to professionalism
- Promotes the center's mission and educational objectives
- Supports the center's code of core values
- Engages in ongoing staff development to improve personal and professional skills
- Supports the professional growth and colleagues by sharing materials and provides feedback with encouragement
- Attends staff meetings, workshops, and in-service training as required
Supports and encourages college-sponsored activities
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
- Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses. References may not be current HCC employee.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status