FT Learning Support Services Specialist
Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, June 24, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in Business, Office Systems Administration, or a related field. Ability to work with diverse groups of people in a multifaceted workplace. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Competent in Microsoft Office with solid computer skills. Pearson Vue Proctor certification or willingness to become certified upon hire.
Previous experience within the NC Community College System or higher education setting. Previous experience with exam proctoring.
Responsible for initiating, coordinating, and performing the clerical and testing functions of the Learning Support Services Department in a manner that supports high quality service to students and the campus community.
This is an 11-month full-time position.
- Support the Learning Support Services Director to maintain high quality tutoring and testing services to the campus community
- Provide comprehensive data entry using Excel to maintain files and records required for the tutoring program.
- Maintain accurate records for the tutoring program and generate End-of-Semester Reports.
- Provide clerical support to tutors as needed
- Provide technical support for tutoring services by processing all student applications/referrals and providing comprehensive data entry and file maintenance.
- Maintain an accurate and efficient test submission system for faculty
- Maintain an accurate and efficient test appointment system for students
- Administer and proctor HCC placement tests, course-based exams, GED exams, and occasional external academic exams
- Maintain confidentiality and exam integrity
- Document and report cases of academic dishonesty that occur within the testing center
- Ensure a Student-Centered Environment within the Learning Support Services and Testing Center while supporting the Director and tutors.
- Work collaboratively to solve interdepartmental issues.
- Perform additional duties as needed that may not be specified in this job description when requested by the Director or Dean.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Upon request, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they may be able to perform the essential functions of their job unless doing so would result in an undue burden for the College.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.