Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Thursday, January 28, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able think critically and creatively. Individuals must be able to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in multiple areas with a diverse range of demands. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's Degree in Business, Management Marketing or other related field.
Experience Minimum: One to three years’ experience in event management/customer service field, including appropriate financial and cash management experience, and other related experience.
The Auxiliary Services Manager participates in the leadership and assistance of multiple functional areas within the Auxiliary Services department. This position works closely in collaboration with the Associate Vice President of Auxiliary Services in regards to auditorium shows and events, facility rentals and event ticketing. In addition, the Auxiliary Services Manager supervises and schedules attendants at the College’s Information Desk and oversees its day to day operations, to guarantee the College provides the most up to date information and customer service to all callers and visitors. In order to communicate this information to College employees, students and visitors, this position also assists Administrative Council in discussions and meetings in regards to updating and revising all College policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains up to date knowledge on all campus wide events and activities, while in constant communication informing Information Desk representatives to provide top notch customer service.
- Supervises, schedules and oversees representatives scheduled to cover the Information Desk. Approves and edits Time Clock for each representative.
- Provides Toshiba invoice breakdown to Business Office based on department totals following receipt of Toshiba monthly invoices.
- Meets with and contacts vendor regarding snack and drink machine issues campus wide. Maintains and updates vending layout key for ease of service calls from company.
- Updates phone recordings and departmental phone queue recordings as needed based on Holiday schedules, registration/payment deadlines and inclement weather or emergency closures.
- Oversees electronic parking pass process and procedure.
- Receives ticket requests and continuously updates the Online and Printable Directories based on new employee hires, staffing changes, and employee/staff location changes.
- Oversees vehicle reservation requests and distribution of keys when leaving and returning.
- Verify employee key requests are completed and keys are distributed and documented upon pick up and return.
- Offers support as needed for campus events and/or emergencies.
Box Office & Ticketing
- Provides support and coordination for the operations of the College Auditorium Box Office including ticket sales, scheduling, and community/group use and budget management.
- Coordinates and processes all mailings for ticket sales, promotions, sponsorships and other constituency communications.
- Prepares and reviews operational reports, and presents management information.
- Provides support to Auditorium Director for all events and performances, hosted from within and outside of the College.
- Assists Director with auditorium employees and monitoring equipment.
- Serves as back up to the Director and additional representative to uphold good relationships with community, regional and state agencies for artistic/professional associations and assists with new opportunities and advancement for the performing arts program.
- Manages online day-to-day facility rental request forms and contacts those to schedule reservations of locations for events
- Completing contracts for reservation requests and cost.
- Assists with facility rental setup, linens and other usage requests as needed.
- Content manager for facility rental portion of College website and advertising.
- Assists Director with planning and scheduling shows, concerts and entertainment.
- Facilitates local community engagement by scheduling compression planning for future facility entertainment.
Campus Policies & Procedures
- Maintains, organizes and updates College policies and procedures
- Meets and presents policy and procedure changes and revisions to Administrative council and internal committees.
- Uploads new and/or revised Board of Trustee approved policies to employee website.
- Schedules routine reviews of policies and procedures as required or as needed.
Other Areas of Support
- Back up assistance and secondary contact for College Insurance and Liability coverage.
- Helps assist with needs of on campus food/beverage services.
- Assists with program planning and events at other campus locations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises full-time and part-time information desk representatives.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and prepare clear and effective correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations
- Ability to comfortably discuss and meet with individuals to plan and carryout events.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Experience and knowledge of cash drawer management and financial reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Works, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The average noise level in the work environment is typical of a community college setting, but can depend on events scheduled.
Johnston Community College operates on a Monday – Thursday schedule from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
In addition, from mid-May – early August, the College operates on a forty-hour work week from Monday – Thursday, with the College closed on Fridays.
This position requires evening and weekend work as needed.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact