Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, September 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or other related field;
- Work experience or educational knowledge in marketing, communications or similar field;
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- High level of proficiency and demonstrated skills (samples may be requested) using Adobe Suite graphic and video editing software;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well orally and in writing with diverse populations and a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple projects at once;
- Experience working independently, and comfortable taking initiative.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications:
- One to three years’ experience in the design and development of marketing materials.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and social media analytics
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Supports the marketing department in all function areas including graphic design, web design, copy writing/editing, photography and media, including digital and print mediums. Position will work under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications for brand-uniformity and college specific standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Creation of digital marketing elements utilizing Adobe Suite
- Printing and finishing of projects (cutting, binding, etc.)
- Assist with the promotion and execution of events
- Assist with website edits as needed and under the direction of Director
- Assist with monthly eNewsletter content creation, layout and deployment
- Capture photos and videos needed for campus events and promotions and create final marketing elements in collaboration with other departments
- Assist with the creation and execution of digital content calendar and needs for social media platforms, develop a long-term and day-to-day content strategy
- Placement of social media advertising and other promotional needs
- Monitor social media and digital advertising analytics and prepare quarterly reports
- Monitor and engage on social media platforms using HCC voice and brand messaging following social media guidelines
- Engage in social listening techniques
- Assist with the monitoring of social media user-generated content
- Research content and consumer trends to make recommendations for messaging to ensure the organization remains relevant with current and potential customers
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies
- Work with Marketing Director on organizational initiatives
- Manage reconciliation and deposits as needed
- Assist with on-campus package deliveries
- Consistently deliver a high level of service
- Work within assigned budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May operate college-owned vehicle
- Promote and support co-workers in a positive manner.
- Strive to improve self and department through continuous learning and operation excellence.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status