100 College Drive
Weldon, NC 27890
Closes: Monday, August 22, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree in education or related field from regionally accredited institution and a minimum of two (2) years work experience in an educational environment as a career/academic advisor, academic/success coach or industry related career development work experience in business, industry, or labor. Possess a satisfactory criminal background check. Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Demonstrated ability to build meaningful relationships
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Master's Degree in education or related field from regionally accredited institution and a minimum of two (2) years work experience in an educational environment at a community college as a career/academic advisor, academic/success coach or industry related career development work experience in business, industry, or labor.
1. Engage students in organizing career planning sessions, which includes individual coaching sessions, career development sessions, and career assessments.
2. Work in collaborations with high school counselors and career development specialists to advise and enroll students in CCP Pathways.
3. Assist with the Community College admission and enrollment process.
4. Organize orientation activities for students prior to enrollment.
5. Maintain data/records for enrollment, tracking, and grant reporting purposes.
6. Works with the enrollment management team to meet enrollment goals.
7. Participate in team meetings directed by the Career and College Promise Director.
8. Connect/engage high school students, parents, teachers and counselors to regional workforce needs and trends and also to the needs of the business and industry community.
9. Expose students to multiple career opportunities.
10. Provide transition service assistance from high school to post secondary institutuions.
11. Provide access to first generation underrepresented students who are not likely to pursue higher education.
12. Provide support for the community college Career and College Promise programs (Career Transfer Pathway and Technical Education Pathway).
13. Submit reports on time.
14. Attend relevant meetings and trainings.
15. Participate in on-going professional development activities.
16. Engage in continuous improvement activities of the HCC NC Works Career Coach Program.
17. Identify potential services, workshops, and or seminars that would benefit the Program.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit. Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.