245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, September 26, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education Minimum: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience Minimum: Two (2) years of work experience as a registered nurse (4000 hours); and must meet at least one of the following: (a) completion of a course in teaching adults, or (b) experience in teaching adults, or (c) experience in supervising nurse aides.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide quality instruction in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings and to assume responsibilities designed to enhance the programs at Johnston Community College.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide instruction which demonstrates knowledge of the subject matter and shows evidence of careful planning.
- Participate in the development and revision of classroom materials – syllabi, tests, quizzes and handouts.
- Conduct classes in accordance with local and state curriculum guidelines.
- Participate in the recruitment of students for the program courses and career fairs.
- Participate in registration, advising and orientation for program courses.
- Ensure students meet the requirements for class and clinical regarding health, criminal background checks, drug screens and clinical agency vaccine requirements.
- Maintain accurate student records pertaining to attendance, health and academic achievement.
- Attend staff meetings and mandatory college meetings.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the College and affiliating health agencies, including mandatory vaccine requirements.
- Comply with all requirements of the affiliating health agencies.
- Maintains program equipment and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact