Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
(1.) Applicant must hold a current unrestricted license or multi state licensure privilege to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
And the following:
(2) have two calendar years or the equivalent of full time clinical experience as a registered nurse;
(3) if newly employed in a full time faculty position on or after January 1, 2016, hold a graduate degree from an accredited institution, or obtain a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited institution within five years of initial full time employment;
(4) prior to or within the first three years of employment, have preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to assignment. This preparation may be demonstrated by one of the following: (A) completion of 45 contact hours of continuing education courses; (B) completion of a certificate program in nursing education; (C) nine semester hours of graduate course work; (D) national certification in nursing education; or (E) documentation of successful completion of structured, individualized development activities of at least 45 contact hours approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
(5) maintain competence in the areas of assigned responsibility; and
(6) have current knowledge of nursing practice for the registered nurse and the licensed practical nurse
(1.) Master's degree in Nursing Education from an accredited institution.
(2.) Five years or the equivalent of full time clinical experience as a registered nurse.
(3.) Previous experience instructing students within the classroom, lab, and clinical settings.
(4.) Demonstrate the ability to utilize a variety of computerized learning systems.
** FT Nursing Instructor - 9 months. Position hire is subject to budget approval **
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Full-time teaching faculty are responsible for instructing students on-campus, off-campus, on-line, and by web-enhanced courses in accordance with College policy and procedures; advising students; maintaining office hours; assisting with registration; serving on College committees; developing curriculum; maintaining professional competence; and participating in professional development activities. Faculty members are responsible to the Director of Nursing. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, advisor and facilitator of learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Assisting with planning, implementation and evaluation and revision of Curriculum. Communicating all pertinent information regarding policies, objectives, course requirements, evaluation methods, grading system, and any other aspects pertinent to each course to students and others.
- Maintaining accurate, timely records pertaining to student progress and behaviors. Making appropriate referrals for students experiencing academic, personal, or other problems.
- Preparing clinical, hospital, and laboratory schedules for students.
- Making/approving student assignments in clinical settings.
- Supervising nursing students in clinical settings.
- Preparing and conducting student evaluations.
- Working with clinical agencies and staff in coordinating students' clinical assignments.
- Participating in professional and institutional activities.
- Assisting in recruitment and selection of students.
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating innovative ideas in instruction.
- Notifying program director if there are variations from the posted
- Teaching course objectives in the classroom, lab, and clinical facility..
- Using the appropriate chain of command within Region A Nursing Consortium to report problems and /or progress.
- Assuming responsibilities as designated by the Program Director or designee.
- Ensuring that college and clinical agency regulations and policies are followed.
- Assisting in choosing new equipment and maintaining college and clinical agency property and equipment.
- Serving on college and other committees as assigned.
- In addition, the lead instructor will assist in preparing and conducting the evaluation of part-time instructors, ensure the students evaluate the clinical agency and clinical experience, and will submit minutes of faculty meetings regarding clinical.
- Operation of college-owned vehicles may be required for essential duties.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
• Full job description and official Haywood Community College employment application online found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu then select "FT Nursing Instructor" and "Apply".
• Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts are required for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
• References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses with at least 1 being a current or previous supervisor.
• College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
• HCC is a tobacco free campus.
** HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution **