Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning. Three years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse. Have current knowledge of nursing practice for the registered nurse.
Master’s degree in Nursing Education. Community College teaching experience. Nursing simulation creation and management experience.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Nursing Skills Lab and Simulation Lab Coordinator is a 11-month faculty member that will plan, operate, coordinate, and oversee the nursing skills lab and simulation related to the Associate Degree Nursing programs. The coordinator will work collaboratively with the Nursing Program Director and Nursing faculty and other health program faculty to ensure safe and effective use of the simulation lab and skills lab facilities. The coordinator will teach 12 to 15 contact hours each semester or as designated by the Nursing Program Director as needed.
* Start date: 08/09/2021. Salary based on credentials and experience. *
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Nursing Skills Lab and Simulation Lab Coordinator shall be responsible for:
- Collaborates with Program Director to establish, review, and research policies, standard practices, and procedures related to the skills and simulation lab with a focus on continuous quality improvement
- Researches, develops, updates, collaborates, and refines lab and clinical scenarios for the nursing programs based on student and faculty needs and reflective of current practice standards
- Collaborates with course faculty in planning, designing, organizing, and delivering lab and simulation activities to meet the needs and schedule of the course.
- Ensures safety and maintains OSHA standards within the simulation lab; to include appropriate disposal of hazardous waste and sharps
- Keeps current with safety standards and informs the Nursing Program Director and faculty of changes in standards
- Monitors inventory and orders necessary supplies for the skills and simulation lab, including performing the annual inventory
- Ensures maintenance of simulation manikins and other equipment in the skills and simulation lab; initiates repair and maintains appropriate warranties
- Provides orientation to instructors regarding the policies, procedures and use of the simulation lab
- Collaborates with the Program Director and faculty to coordinate the complementary blending of lab practice, simulation, virtual simulation and the clinical experience
- Assists students and faculty in meeting course objectives through the utilization of the skills and simulation lab activities
- Oversees utilization of the skills and simulation lab and equipment
- Serves as a resource and support for Health Programs faculty in utilizing the simulation lab
- Collaborates with Nursing faculty to provide student remediation in the lab setting
- Utilizes and emphasizes instructional methods that promote the development of critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, and clinical competency for real life application
- Conducts tours for internal/external stakeholders
- Create a student-centered environment for on and off campus students.
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes.
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity.
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students and our learning community.
- Promote and support HCC's mission, vision and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status