On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, NC
- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Friday, March 27, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Education Preferred: Two year technical degree in a related field. Applicants actively seeking a related technical degree will be considered.
Experience Minimum: One to three years of experience in a related field.
Provides routine maintenance of all of the Howell Woods Environmental Learning Center, including the facilities, grounds, and equipment, and provides assistance and support for all of the Center's activities and programs with a focus on recreational activities grounds and housekeeping maintenance.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Mows all areas maintained as grass lawns including roadsides, campsites, and range facility.
- Maintains roads and trails for safety and vehicle equipment.
- Maintains campground facilities for year-round use.
- Maintains building accessibility and appearance by picking up papers and trash from walkways and parking lots.
- Assist with hunting activities and events that occur on the property.
- Maintains and uses chain saw and other gas powered equipment, as well as farm equipment and related implements.
- Maintains wildlife management areas through mowing or controlled burning activities.
- Uses pesticides on a regular basis in accordance with all stated label directions.
- Preforms housekeeping duties for all publicly used facilities.
- Performs general maintenance and repairs on all equipment.
- Empties trash receptacles weekly or as needed into dumpster.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of how to work with landscape equipment and farm equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact