Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, August 17, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Master's degree required in Physics or Master’s degree plus 18 graduate hours in physics coursework.
Experience Minimum: One to three years teaching experience. Demonstrated subject matter expertise in the discipline.
Experience Preferred: Three to five years teaching experience in a post-secondary level environment. Specific experience with online instruction and educational technology is preferred. Curriculum development and course assessment experience is preferred.
The University Studies & Educational Technologies department is seeking a Full- Time faculty member who can teach college transfer Physics classes. The Full- Time faculty will provide instruction in assigned class(es) in coordination with the Director of Programs and established course model syllabus/syllabi and create a learning and teaching environment for students in accordance with the educational objectives of the college. Other duties may be assigned. This is a full-time position.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each specific responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in areas expected to teach.
- Ability to plan, organize and instruct quality educational programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adult learners and to maintain good relationships with staff and students.
Specific Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attend and teach assigned classes
- Present instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course.
- Ability to exercise individual initiative, independent actions and sound judgment.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism as a representative of the college.
- Create an effective learning environment.
- Maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students.
- Use teaching methods designed for a variety of learning styles.
- Use course text materials, outlines, syllabi and other course materials in accordance with college and departmental guidelines.
- Assist with maintaining a classroom environment emphasizing safety, good housekeeping, and equipment safety.
- Serve as a quality academic advisor to students.
- Participate in communications with the college and department and meet deadlines as required.
- Submit required reports.
- Participate in the college's assessment process.
- Serve, as needed, on college committees and/or special projects
- Fulfill all contract provisions.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and averaging all units of measure.
- Ability to compute fractions, percent, and decimals.
- Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact