Closes: Tuesday, February 20, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Basic Law Enforcement Certification
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience in Law Enforcement.
- Must possess a valid NC Driver’s License with no previous convictions other than minor traffic violations.
- Must have sufficient computer skills needed to perform the job and be familiar with word processing and report writing.
- Must possess problem and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with a working knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Must have the ability to work multiple tasks with minimum supervision and instruction as required.
- Patrol campus grounds and perimeter on foot and in a patrol vehicle to insure a safe environment.
- Receive, investigate, and complete reported complaints, and other investigative services as requested.
- Cooperate with local law enforcement, criminal justice, and emergency response agencies on matters of mutual interest.
- Assist the public with vehicle starts, unlocks, requested information and escorts.
- Regulate pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Investigate traffic accidents and file preliminary accident reports.
- Provide first aid treatment to members of the college community and to visitors.
- Prepare and present testimony in court.
- Provide security for special college events.
- Ensure compliance with the appropriate written and verbal orders.
- Ensure the security of all college buildings, during and after normal operation hours.
- Conduct student identification card checks randomly and at all College functions to ensure only authorized students participate.
- Provide Security for the Cashier’s Office, assisting with bank deposits and mail pickup as necessary.
- Refer students who violate College rules and regulations to proper authority when necessary.
- Provide students and visitors with information regarding relocation of classes and College events.
- Provide escorts for visitors, students, faculty, and staff when requested.
- Other duties as assigned by appropriate supervisory personnel.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring. All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc.
Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application. To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application.
Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit. Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.