FT Program Assistant (10M)
245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Monday, June 5, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty Satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associates Degree in Office Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
Experience Minimum: Two-Three years working in an office setting.
Full-Time Program Assistant position within Student Support Services Department; 40 hours per week. Provides support with the overall TRIO program and assists with the coordination of program activities.
This is a 10 month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Director.
- Assists with planning program-related educational and/or cultural enrichment field trips.
- Performs administrative maintenance of Student Support Services annual events calendar and informs staff of upcoming events.
- Assists with planning and coordinating educational programming, workshops, and activities.
- Provides documentation of all communication with students via a shared database and documents all student participation at events.
- Assists program staff with filing and record maintenance.
- Assists with departmental purchases and tracks inventory.
- Contributes to the success of the students and the TRIO program as a valuable team member.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to meet mobility requirements and be able to occasionally move materials of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to access print material and utilize the information effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and at times fast paced.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact