Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Thursday, December 3, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree in a business related field.
Experience Minimum: One to three years experience working in a Financial Aid Office or in accounting.
Performs and assists with the coordination and administration of federal and state grants and other financial aid programs ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, and college regulations.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts financial aid informational presentations at meetings, workshops, and events on and off campus.
- Processes verification of student files to ensure proper awarding and compliance with federal regulations.
- Coordinates and administers federal and/or state grants, loans, and scholarships as assigned.
- Assists with the disbursement of the financial aid, performing a variety of administrative work to ensure proper accounting and record maintenance.
- Assist with the preparation of Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4), supporting documentation, and records maintenance.
- Counsels students regarding available financial aid programs and tax credits; and assists them with applications.
- Assists the Director and Assistant Director with the preparation of various reports as needed.
- Attends conferences, meetings, and workshops to obtain up-to-date information and regulations pertaining to Financial Aid.
- Performs a variety of duties within the Student Success Center for all Financial Aid functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact