FT Staff Accountant
245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Monday, April 3, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
Experience Minimum: Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a business office.
Performs professional accounting work with responsibility for accounting and/or budgeting functions. Position applies knowledge of the theory and practice of recording, classifying, examining, and analyzing data and records of financial transactions. Work requires knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and terminology of accountancy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes bank deposits daily which includes copying all checks and writing deposit reports.
- Transmits information on state deposits to NCCC System Office daily and verifies change fund.
- Processes all incoming checks to the Financial Services Department which includes: copying, date stamping and logging all checks received into check received notebook, and then distributing checks to the appropriate personnel.
- Assists Director of Accounting Services with budget journal entries.
- Monitors budgets, prepares and distributes monthly budget reports; monitors and prepares expenditure corrections and budget transfers as requested by budget managers.
- Provides training to budget managers and other administrative staff.
- Assists with financial statement preparation as needed.
- Work may include: reconciliation of accounting reports; maintenance of subsidiary ledgers; assistance in financial analysis; and closure of accounting records. Ability to recognize and research unusual activity for further investigation.
- General knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), practices and reporting guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to meet mobility requirements and be able to occasionally move materials of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to access print material and utilize the information effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact