245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
Experience Minimum: Three years’ experience in a computer systems related position. Ability to create Inform Statements and use basic programming. Knowledge of database structures. Ellucian Colleague experience preferred.
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides technical and functional support to all Student Services areas relative to systems applications utilized by the division.
- Provides student data and information to college staff upon request.
- Works collaboratively across college areas to support enrollment data initiatives.
- Coordinates and updates Student Services web pages, Microsoft Teams sites, and Sharepoint intranet pages. Ensures consistency across the division of Student Services web pages and student publications, and sees that they are regularly updated.
- Creates specific rules and reports to support processes used by Student Services within Colleague.
- Prepares Enrollment Management and Financial Aid reports required by the College, NCCCS, and other outside state and federal agencies. Understands, analyzes and interprets student enrollment and financial aid data prior to report submission.
- Manages user interface and develops forms and workflow within Enterprise Content Management System, communications application software, retention software, and texting software.
- Interfaces with national Student Loan Clearinghouse for enrollment and degree verification. Troubleshoots and corrects reports.
- Maintains awareness of new developments in Ellucian Colleague software: incorporates new developments as appropriate into daily responsibilities.
- Maintains workflow and communications for disciplinary and student grievance processes.
- Assists in all areas of Student Services, particularly Enrollment Management functions and Communications to students.
- Knowledge of Student Services student modules within Colleague in order to assist departments with communication management and reports.
- Collaborates as needed with Network Services System Administrator on student module software, upgrades and testing.
- Must have a thorough understanding of college policy and must perform all duties and responsibilities according to established protocol, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Receives direction from the Director of Student Services Application Systems.
Computer and Application Skills
- Some experience with databases such as Unidata, Microsoft SQL or ORACLE used in conjunction with Higher Education ERP systems.
- Ability to retrieve data from various databases utilizing query tools such as Informer, SQL, and others.
- Ability to perform basic programming skills utilizing JAVA scripting, Visual Basic, and others.
- Ability to complete file transfers between systems utilizing FTP and other Import/Export Tools.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Understand and interpret pertinent State Education and Administrative codes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact