Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate’s degree
Experience Minimum: Three to five years in an administrative setting.
Experience Preferred: Three to five years in an administrative setting plus knowledge of nonprofit foundations in community college setting.
Provides administrative support to the Vice President of Advancement & Community Relations and Board of Directors, assists with Advancement and Community Relations duties as needed, and provides assistance to Advancement/Foundation constituents and staff.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Composes, prepares and transmits confidential and sensitive information.
- Schedules and facilitates meetings and appointments for the Vice President and other staff dedicated to fundraising.
- Prepares packets for constituent visits.
- Serves as back-up to Data Analyst for data entry and file maintenance for confidential gift records and donor management files.
- Receives visitors, phone calls, fax documents and makes copies, provides on-site administrative support for Advancement and Community Relations team.
- Assists with coordination, management and logistics of Institutional Advancement/JCC Foundation and college-wide events.
- Serves an integral role in the management of cash contributions.
- Performs administrative support duties, as assigned and appropriate, by the Vice President, or office designees, in addition to delineated responsibilities.
- Monitors and responds to Advancement and Community Relations email account and main phone line.
- Prepares purchase requisitions through E-Procurement, provides administrative support for dissemination of Institutional Advancement/JCC Foundation communications, including direct mailings, appeals, and other information and promotional materials and pieces.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies for the Advancement and Community Relations Division.
- Makes travel arrangements for Vice President and division staff.
- Serves as proofreader offering assistance for all reports, documents, and communication disseminated from Advancement and Community Relations.
- Acts as key liaison for the Vice President and contacts from within and outside the Advancement and Community Relations Division.
- Maintains ethical performance and integrity in every enterprise and regarding all professional and personal relations, building trust and confidence in the College Foundation.
- Keeps abreast of computer/technology skills as related to position.
- Provides assurances of courteous, customer-oriented support services to students, faculty, staff, patrons and the general public, adhere to the Core Values of the Foundation.
- Performs administrative support duties, as assigned and appropriate, by the Vice President of Advancement and Community Relations, or office designees, in addition to delineated responsibilities.
- Assists with responding to questions generated through external communications, such as social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
JCC Foundation Board Support:
- Acts as key staff liaison to the JCC Foundation Board of Directors at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Serves as recorder and compiler of minutes for select JCC Foundation Board committees and full board meetings.
- Acts as co-facilitator with Vice President of Advancement and Community Relations to conduct Compression Planning sessions. Compression Planning is a pioneering, strategic planning process.
- Acts as reporter for Compression Planning sessions by compiling, building and disbursing reports to all session participants.
- Develops and designs compression sessions working solely with planning teams to determine direction of project/special initiatives.
- Executes compression planning sessions by facilitating from conceptual to reporting phase.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assist Foundation staff with oversight of JCC Ambassadors and work-study students.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively on the phone and in person with donors, friends, faculty and staff.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word, MS Publisher, MS Powerpoint, and Adobe.
Preferred: Experience with Blackbaud products specifically Raiser’s Edge.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The Johnston Community College Foundation/Advancement Office hosts events that are sometimes held in the evenings and the weekends. Applicants must be willing to assist during these times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is typical of a community college foundation setting.
Johnston Community College operates on a Monday – Thursday schedule from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. In addition, from mid-May – early August, the College operates on a forty-hour work week Monday – Thursday with the College closed on Fridays.
This position requires evening and weekend periodically.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact