Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Bachelor’s degree OR Associate’s degree combined with experience in public health, public administration, health and human services, occupational safety, public safety, risk management, or another related field.
Experience Minimum: One year of related experience.
Conducts interviews with students and employees who have a confirmed, or probable COVID-19 diagnosis, or who are potentially experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Discussions should be guided by standard protocols and include: providing information; assessing signs and symptoms; discussing symptom onset to determine window period for contact elicitation and exposure risk for close contacts; discussing school/work activity to identify who may have been exposed; and providing requirements for self-isolation. Additionally, communicates with college personnel and community health officials, as needed, regarding statistics and complexities.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete contact tracing and case management in support of COVID-19 emergency response efforts at Johnston Community College.
- Conduct interviews of individuals with confirmed or probable COVID-19, discussing symptom onset to determine window of exposure risk for close contacts. Communicate promptly with individuals who have been identified as close contacts for review of college protocols, including off-campus quarantine.
- Follow-up of affected individuals in person, by phone, or in writing to ensure they have completed required or recommended actions.
- Communicate plans of action with associate vice presidents, department chairs, program directors, and instructors, as needed, who have affected students; and, supervisors who have affected employees.
- Assure confidentiality throughout the process in a manner that preserves the privacy of all involved parties.
- Report to the college’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Team to update daily statistics and areas of need.
- Answer questions of individuals regarding symptoms and processes related to COVID-19 and the college protocols.
- Maintain updated records with plans, notes, and appropriate forms to track positive cases, quarantined individuals, isolated students, and when they may return to campus.
- Analyze records of individuals to identify clusters and determine areas of concern.
- Identify and build positive relationships with all colleagues and other outside entities.
- Assist, as needed, with testing/vaccine clinics and other COVID-related emergency management duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing situations.
- Ability to efficiently work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and proficient use of personal computers and web-based communication, including online learning platforms, word processing, spreadsheets, and database software. Microsoft Office 365 (especially Outlook, Excel, OneDrive, Teams, etc.), Ellucian Colleague, and 25Live.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact