Main Campus, Winterville, NC
Closes: Monday, January 17, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in an advising, guidance, counseling related, or administrative field, and at least two years of work experience in an office setting; case management experience, early alert systems experience, or a combination of education and related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for the position.
See minimum qualifications
By utilizing the Aviso Early Alert system, this position will ensure referrals are addressed and closed out regularly, following up with appropriate PCC personnel connected to alert management, and follow-up ensuring identified students are connected to support services that PCC provides. Documentation is essential. Additionally, this position is responsible for following up with the student and the person who initiated the alert/referral. The Early Alert Intervention Specialist will receive the Aviso alerts and are responsible for successful caseload management completion. This position has been designed with the goals of supporting PCC students and enhancing/promoting the success, retention, and completion for those who are referred to community and institutional resources within the early-alert system. The position will require the ability to work with administrative functions of the Aviso software, including communication, documentation, and reporting. This position will report to the Early Alert Intervention Manager.
This is a grant-funded, temporary position that has resulted as a part of the Coronavirus pandemic. Funding will not exceed the time limit of the pandemic grant fund available or the need for services, whichever occurs first.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under limited supervision, employee will serve to respond to early alert referrals and connect with students to support their education pathways and goal achievement. Extensive use and knowledge of the Aviso Early Alert system is required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitors and manages Aviso early alerts to provide proactive student support.
- Assists students with alleviating obstacles to academic success.
- Implements intervention by connecting students with support staff and other resources to improve academic standing.
- Provides direction to students for navigating academic and non-academic resources on campus, online, and in the community.
- Ensures student follow-up regarding the referral to campus and community resources that students will need to successfully complete their educational goals.
- Assists students with issues that arise which impact academic goals, persistence, and attendance.
- Maintains level of confidentiality regarding documents received and other matters involving students and the program.
Properly and accurately documents within the Aviso system all student contacts, referrals, and outcomes of referrals.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing with faculty, staff, and students.
- Maintains good working relationships and professionally communicates information with all appropriate departments/divisions on campus.
- Performs related administrative and recordkeeping duties such as email, phone call, and text message coordination, documentation, and follow through relating to Aviso alerts.
- Contributes to increased numbers of students successfully completing courses, persisting semester-to-semester, and completing their educational goal(s).
- Engages at-risk students by connecting them with the appropriate staff, faculty, and/or outside agency (agencies).
- Adheres to PCC policies and procedures.
- Operates, utilizes, and maintains various types of general office equipment and supplies including computers, phones, text messaging services, etc.
- Participate in professional development experiences to increase the awareness of educational, economic, and social backgrounds of students.
- Develops rapport with students to support successful goal completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.