Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Preferred: Master’s Degree
Experience Minimum: Minimum of 5 years Radiography clinical experience, management and supervision, in-service education, etc. in a hospital environment. Previous teaching experience.
Experience Preferred: Previous didactic (teaching) experience and advanced clinical experiences (beyond 5 years).
Under the supervision of the Department Chair of Imaging, Radiography Faculty are required to provide quality instruction in classroom, lab, and clinical settings and assume responsibilities designed to enhance the Radiography Program and Johnston Community College as assigned by the Department Chair of Imaging Programs and/or the Associate Vice President of Health Wellness and Human Services.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Providing instruction in classroom, lab, and clinical situations.
- Participating in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum and learning resources.
- Participating in the development of course outlines and overviews.
- Participating in student advising and counseling.
- Evaluating student learning.
- Participating in recruitment and selection of students.
- Participating in program evaluation/assessment and development and implementation of departmental policies and the annual departmental plan.
- Attend Faculty and Radiography Advisory Committee meetings.
- Providing quality care for patients involved in selected learning experiences within the guidelines of the ARRT Standards of Ethics.
- Contributing to effective relationships between the College and affiliating health service agencies.
- Complying with all requirements of the health service agencies.
- Participating in Department and College graduation ceremonies.
- Participating in affairs of the College including recruitment of students, maintenance of learning environment, student activities, committee appointments, and other duties assigned by the College Administration.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Department Chair of Imaging Programs and/or the Associate Vice President of Health Wellness & Human Services.
Supervision of students in the classroom and clinical is required.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and averaging all units of measure. Ability to compute fractions, percentages and decimals.
Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in digital radiography and PACS. Proficiency in using a Windows environment and have knowledge of email systems, PowerPoint, Blackboard and online lab environments are also required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact