245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Friday, December 9, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education Minimum: Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting or a related field.
Experience Minimum: At least eight (8) years of college experience with at least three years as a College Associate Vice President/Dean or appropriately related position supervising fulltime employees.
Preferred Education: Doctoral degree in a related field, CPA.
.Preferred Experience: Seven to ten years of mid-level or higher administrative, fiscal experience in a Community College.
The Colleges Vice President of Financial Services supervises College’s Chief Financial Officer. Provides leadership in planning, organizing, and directing all financial operations and administrative support services for the college. Duties include Financial Planning and Management, Facilities Management, Purchasing and, construction and renovation. Also, ensures that assigned functions fulfill applicable Federal, State, and College goals and objectives, supervises assigned staff, and provides highly complex and responsible staff assistance to the College President and the Board of Trustees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, implements, and administers goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures necessary to provide assigned services and functions to the College.
- Plans, organizes and supervises the accounting operations of the College, including disbursements and accounting of funds, and preparation and maintenance of payroll and time records.
- Prepares financial reports for the College’s administration and trustees.
- Supervises purchasing, inventory control, central stores, and vending.
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of the campus physical plant and grounds.
- Oversees the insurance and risk management program.
- Oversees construction projects.
- Provides information to the full Board of Trustees and its related Committees.
- Supervises Buildings and Grounds Standing Committee
- Serves as Treasurer to the Johnston Community College Foundation.
- Serves on the President’s Administrative Council.
- Serves as liaison to the College’s attorney.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the following departments: Financial Services, Purchasing, Maintenance, Grounds / Housekeeping. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear, and is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact