245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate degree in Information Technology, Business or related management, web or graphic design.
Experience Minimum: Two (2) years web development and administering in designing, developing, and managing Web sites including scripting, programming and databases.
- Experience in: HTML5, CSS, Java Script, PHP, C#, ASP.NET, SQL and WordPress are a plus.
- Demonstrates specific knowledge of the function and makeup of website management tools.
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Servers.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Possesses knowledge of best practices for maintaining information security.
- Can handle confidential and sensitive company information responsibly.
- Possesses ability to think creatively.
- Exhibits knowledge of software development industry.
The Web Master is a member of the Information Technology team that will be responsible for maintaining the college’s web servers and ensuring websites are functional, user-friendly, visually pleasing, and up to date. This position should be able to work well in a team, collaborating with managers, content managers, to include strong technical skills and a good understanding of creative online marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Determine the college’s website needs and requirements.
- Implement and ensure website security and data protection for the college’s web servers and web infrastructure.
- Maintenance and support of college web servers and content management systems.
- Monitor and analyze site performance.
- Building and testing aesthetic, functional, and user-friendly websites.
- Coordinate with designers, content providers, and management to ensure the college’s website is up to date.
- Ensures compliance with guidelines and regulations associated with online presence, including W3C and Section 508 standards.
- Contribute to the development of style and branding, guides, and assures adherence to such standards and integration with the College’s strategic marketing plan.
- Maintain relations with organizations and associations for professional growth and stays informed of new developments.
- Provide technical support for internet related technology needs.
- Incorporate the core values of integrity, opportunity, respect, excellence and helpfulness in support of the mission of the college.
- Schedule and maintain backups for areas of responsibility.
- Enter and clear service requests in the college’s helpdesk system.
- Maintain a continuity binder related to each related system.
- Work closely with outside agencies for technical support.
- Perform periodic weekend and after hour work, including responses to after hour calls, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to draft routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to meet mobility requirements and be able to occasionally move materials of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to access print material and utilize the information effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact