Work Force Development Center - Clayton, NC
Closes: Thursday, June 24, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, be self-directed, and task oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of personnel, including technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to drive within the state.
Education Minimum: Associate’s degree
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business or office administration.
Experience Minimum: One (1) to two (2) years of administrative experience scheduling events or classes.
Coordinates the logistics and day to day operations of classes for career and community opportunities as well as Workforce CE CCP courses.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with community partners and instructors to arrange training class schedule; which includes but not limited to: individual course schedules, location, classroom needs, registration, notification emails, and ordering appropriate material for courses.
- Sends requests for course setups and service agreements to CE Coordinator.
- Confirms the readiness of course packets ensuring all necessary documents occupy each packet.
- Manages class registration, course evaluation and invoicing processes involving client contract and participants, staff adjunct instructors and/or 3rd party providers.
- Conducts course kick-offs and closeouts.
- Reviews required college paperwork and forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to ensure the quality of training is being delivered to clients.
- Capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously and follow through on all projects to completion.
- Travel to various industries in the county to open classes.
- Working some nights and weekends maybe required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrate analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact