3395 Airport Road, Pinehurst NC, 28374
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A current commercial driver's license (CDL) with a clean driving record.
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial driver or similar role.
- Ability to effectively plan and deliver instruction, including hands-on training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using a computer for daily operations.
- Ability to evaluate student performance and provide constructive feedback.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Passion for teaching and a commitment to student success.
- 6+ years of experience as a commercial driver or similar role.
Sandhills Community College is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual to join our team as a CDL Instructor. This person will play a crucial role in providing top-notch instruction and guidance to students in the college’s Truck Driver Training Program, a registered Entry-Level Driver Training?(ELDT) provider through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The instructor will be responsible for preparing and delivering lesson plans, assessing student progress, and maintaining a safe and productive learning environment.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and deliver instruction in the CDL Training program, ensuring that all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) requirements are met.
- Provide hands-on training in the operation of commercial motor vehicles, including pre-trip inspections, basic vehicle control, and emergency procedures.
- Maintain an organized and well-equipped training environment, ensuring that all equipment is properly functioning and that students have access to the tools and materials they need.
- Ensure that all equipment and training materials meet FMCSA standards and requirements.
- Assist in managing equipment maintenance schedules
- Evaluate student performance, provide feedback, create and grade assignments and exams.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, performance, and other relevant data, as required by the FMCSA and the college.
- Stay updated on industry developments and regulatory changes, incorporating relevant information into course instruction.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and standards, including those set by the FMCSA.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that supports student success and encourages creativity and critical thinking.
- Collaborate with other instructors and staff to promote the growth of the CDL Training program and the college.