Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Dr.
Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor degree in any discipline. Current EMT-Paramedic certification. Minimum of Level II EMS Instructor certification and 1.5 years or more of instruction experience. 1 year minimum in a NCCCS Continuing Education role as an instructor or staff.
All of the Instructor Credentials listed must be current or obtained within 12 months of hire date:
- CEVO, EVOC or EVD Instructor
- AHA ACLS Instructor
- AHA PALS Instructor AHA ACLS-EP Instructor AHA BLS Instructor
- NAEMT Instructor with Specialties PEPP Instructor
- GEMS Instructor AMLS Instructor PHTLS Instructor
Active NC driver's license required or ability to obtain NC driver's license within 2 weeks of start of employment. Acceptable motor vehicle report is required.
B.S. in EMS or Emergency Management and all other requirements.
** Job open only until filled **
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose for the EMS Coordinator is to provide educational and credentialing opportunities for current EMS personnel and those seeking a career in EMS while maintaining program requirements from all credentialing bodies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manage and oversee CAAHEP requirements of the Paramedic program for credentialing
- Manage NCOEMS requirements and stay updated on future changes that potentially impact college programming
- Manage all clinical sites and proctor training
- Manage National Registry and OEMS requirements for current and future EMS providers
- Recruit and oversee EMS instructors
- Work with local Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMS departments, as well as hospitals to ensure the training needs of each are being met.
- Community engagement and recruiting activities
- Maintain and grow an online presence for EMS in-service.
- Perform annual instructor evaluations
- Annual professional development for all instructors must be offered based on NCOEMS updates
- Attend the annual OEMS conference
- Schedule, build and grade classes for all EMS training.
- Strive to improve self and department through continuous learning
- Create a student-centered environment
- Work toward operational excellence; continuous improvement of processes
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and the community
- Promote and support HCC's mission, vision, and values.
- Promote and support coworkers in a positive manner.
- Implement a team approach in the performance of tasks; work with others to analyze a situation, establish priorities, and apply resources for solving a problem or accomplishing a task
- Accept responsibility for job performance and assigned tasks; exhibit individual behaviors that support the official goals and objectives of the college and its members
- Communicate with students, faculty, and staff in a professional and timely manner
- Approach problems as a learning opportunity and implement strategies to reduce problems
- Maximize resources to process information; acquire, evaluate, organize, manage, interpret, and communicate information to coworkers, faculty, staff, and students
- Manage and maintain the budget for EMS training
- Teach classes for CPR/First Aid and EMS as required
- Exhibit flexibility and receptivity to changing technologies, methods, processes, work environments, and organizational structure and practices
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Workforce Continuing Education, V.P. of Instruction or the President of Haywood Community College
- PPE is provided. The employee must follow all current Haywood County and NC OEMS protocols during labs and clinical exercises.
- Operation of college owned vehicles is a requirement of this position
How to Apply
* IMPORTANT INFORMATION - REVIEW PRIOR TO BEGINNING APPLICATION*
To Apply Submit:Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts and copies of certificates and/or certification cards must be included for the application review process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.