- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, July 8, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Level II EMT Instructor
- Associate Degree Preferred.
- EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic Certification
- Three years of experience as an EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AHA CPR Instructor Certification.
- 3 years experience in certification
- Instructor certification in level of class applying for.
- 2 years post secondary instructor experience
The full-time EMT Instructor will be responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, assisting in the developing of courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. The instructor will prepare and teach the non-credit in-service training, pre-service EMT training as well as American Heart Association courses and the training in accordance with the requirements of the North Carolina Office of EMS. This position will also work to maintain program compliance with accreditation standards according to SCC, AHA, CoAEMSP’s. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Public Safety in Continuing Education.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Will be responsible for preparing and delivering classroom and laboratory instruction to high school students.
- Will administer written and skills exams
- Responsible for completing class reports, rosters, student files, and grade reports.
- Continuing Education in-service classes for EMT.
- Review and renew certifications for current EMT personnel.
- AHA CPR classes
Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate and/or necessary by Director, Associate Vice-President, and Vice-President.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until 7/08/2022. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Please use the link below to apply.