- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, December 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- AAS Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Industrial Maintenance, Applied Engineering Technology or closely related field.
- Strong computer skills and commitment to the use of technology in instruction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Experience (industry or military) with hydraulics, pneumatics, electric motors (ac/dc) and controls, and general maintenance requirements.
- Ability to maintain high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
- Assessment of student learning
- Engagement and assessment of successful student retention models
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Applied Physics, or closely related field
- Teaching experience in a community college or related work experience.
- Experience with online instruction.
Davidson-Davie Community College (DDCC) is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The Davidson-Davie community is dedicated to providing students a high quality education designed to prepare them to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, DDCC celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. DDCC faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
Davidson-Davie's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
A full-time faculty position at Davidson-Davie Community College is a nine-month position, with the faculty member’s primary efforts focused on teaching and learning, academic excellence and student success. The successful candidate will demonstrate openness to new ideas, a flexible mindset that allows changes necessary to meet student needs, and a positive attitude focused on moving the program forward. Other critical qualities for success include a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and students, including exceptional communication skills. In addition, a faculty member is responsible for engaging in professional development and promoting the College mission, vision, and values. The position reports to the Division Chair, Professional and Technical Careers.