- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Mathematics or a master's degree in a related field with 18 hours in mathematics from an accredited institution;
- must be a team-player who is committed to the community college "open-door" philosophy;
- adheres to practices that promote and support learning teaching excellence in teaching and learning.
- two years teaching experience in mathematics;
- experience using learning management systems, preferably Blackboard
- community college and distance experience preferred
The mission and purpose of HCC's School of Arts and Sciences and Professional Studies is to support the college's Mission, Vision, and Strategic Goals by empowering students to achieve their academic and personal goals for a diverse and global society.
The primary purpose and function of this position is to deliver instruction and support student success.
Examples of Duties:
The Mathematics Instructor will:
- plan, organize, and teach developmental and curriculum mathematics courses as assigned to ensure that student learning outcomes are consistent with program learning outcomes and the mission of the college;
- provide academic advising;
- maintain necessary records and submit reports in a timely manner;
- prepare and revise syllabi;
- assist with textbook adoption and departmental and institutional planning;
- participate in on-going professional development opportunities;
- other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.