Closes: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma along with 2+ years of project management job experience.
- Five years’ supervisory experience.
- Client relations experience
- Minimum ten years’ experience in upholstered furniture production along with knowledge of furniture manufacturing processes including three or more of the following:
- Pattern making
- Frame assembly
- Automated cutting
- Associate’s degree
- Experience with Continuous Improvement processes.
- Experience training within a furniture manufacturing environment.
The CVCC Furniture Academy Director will work closely with Industry Partners and CVCC’s Corporate Development Center to provide educational programs that prepare students for careers within the furniture industry. The Furniture Academy Director will lead an educational program housed in a simulated manufacturing environment and manage the operation of that simulated factory to include hiring and managing adjunct instructors, advising students, product development, and product flow. Works hours will be primarily afternoon/evening and may vary depending on meetings and class schedules.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide Instruction.
- Hire and manage part-time instructors.
- Schedule and order purchased materials to ensure consistent process flow.
- Solicit and schedule delivery, or pick-up, of donated frames, fabrics, and other materials.
- Ensure that student learning outcomes are met, including documentation to support those outcomes.
- Implement an annual program evaluation and make necessary changes to ensure industry relevance and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain and schedule quarterly advisory board meetings to receive critical insights from our Industry Partners.
- Coordinate resources and part-time instructors to ensure training schedules occur without interruptions.
- Collaborate with the Furniture programs at CVCC’s Alexander County Center and the Alexander Correctional Institution.
- All other duties as assigned