Closes: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Work experience with diverse pre-college, underrepresented student population, diverse families, and community organizations, preferred
- Ability to speak, translate, and/or interpret multiple languages, preferred
- Strong background in education or counseling, preferred
- Knowledge of educational and financial aid opportunities, preferred
In support of the overall Learning College, the GEAR UP Coordinator is responsible for the College’s GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) program. The GEAR UP Student Coordinator position is a full-time position requiring a 12-month, 100%-time commitment. Programmatic, evaluation, and counseling responsibilities are essential to the success of this position in fulfilling the academic obligations communicated in the approved grant award. Position is grant funded through May 2028.
- Encourage GEAR UP students and district staff to develop sustainable options that increase the college-going success rate for all GEAR UP students, and encourage family members of GEAR UP students to participate in GEAR UP activities
- Guide GEAR UP ICC students in establishing student consistent utilization of CFNC.org to promote college access awareness and readiness
- Implement and coordinate comprehensive pre-college programs for middle and high school students that include, but are not limited to, career exploration, academic planning and preparation, college visits, mentoring, and financial planning
- Serve as a college planning resource for teachers, educators, and counselors
- Work collaboratively with other district-based GEAR UP staff, school personnel, families, and the community at large, raising awareness of the benefits of a post-secondary education
- Work cooperatively with educators to provide summer enrichment activities that include academic preparation, job-shadowing, college visits, etc., meeting the needs of the school district’s students
- Attend GEAR UP meetings, institutes, and conferences, providing continuous feedback and recommendations
- Prepare and submit comprehensive evaluative and programming reports. Maintain data collection of GEAR UP ICC activities and record student progress. Provide continuous feedback to GEAR UP WSSU administrative staff regarding project benchmarks and outcomes
- Serve as a postsecondary planning resource for GEAR UP students and their families
- Work collaboratively with families, community organizations, and district educators to provide student and family summer enrichment activities inclusive of academic awareness, job-shadowing, college visits, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the mission, history, current programs, services, and goals of Isothermal Community College
- An understanding of and commitment to the "open door" philosophy of the community college.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and to represent the College in a professional manner.
- Maintain an enthusiastic, self-reliant, and self-starting approach to meet job responsibilities.
- Strong social medial acumen
- Computer skills and attention to detail required.
- Working knowledge of the College Student Information System is preferred.
- Possess excellent skills for anticipating needs, planning, organizing, executing, and functioning effectively under time constraints of rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to conduct practical workshops and presentations
- Commitment to appreciating diversity and equitable practices designed to enhance an ever-evolving College culture of inclusivity that values the unique perspectives and experiences of all individuals
- A strong commitment to safety, and personal and professional integrity.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact