Central Piedmont Community College (Central Campus)
Closes: Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Engineering Technology, Building Science or Construction Management; certification in Project Management and four years of related experience.
Advanced knowledge of commercial and institutional facilities operations including the maintenance and
repair of exterior building elements, roofing, interior floor/ceiling/wall finishes, doors/windows, and lighting systems
- Knowledge of construction project management techniques, including scheduling, field inspections, contract administration, budgeting, contractor payment approval, and project close-out
- Ability to prepare facility repair and improvement works scopes, solicit contractor quotes, and evaluate bid proposals
- Knowledge of the college’s CFMC contract provisions, policies, and procedures
- Ability to read/interpret construction documents, technical specifications and construction documents
- Ability to coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the work outside contracted service providers
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Good communication skill, verbal and written
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and use of portable digital devices
- Proficiency in MS Office products
- Knowledge of basic purchasing, accounting and record keeping
This position exists to provide project management, CFMC oversight, and performance evaluation relative to general maintenance, interior renovations, and building repairs to the college’s facilities and real estate management.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs targeted inspections of building interiors, exterior elements and site infrastructure to include roofs, floors/walls/ceilings, lighting, windows/doors/stairs, elevators and parking structures. Prepares written field audit reports with photo documentation and maintains historical records.
- Conducts field observations of general maintenance operations and building repairs performed by GCA Services and other outside vendors. Prepares status reports, initiates work orders, and conduct timely follow-up to address and resolve customer service and performance issues.
- Provides technical data, analyses, and proactive recommendations to ensure CFMC contract compliance, KPI performance, and efficiency of general maintenance services.
- Prepares repair work scopes, cost estimates, and informal bid solicitations for maintenance repairs, site improvements, renovations and major equipment replacements. Coordinates with outside professionals to secure necessary A&E design support for in-house projects.
- Solicits informal bids for major repairs/renovations, conducts pre-bid site visits, recommends contractors, inspects work in the field, and serves as Project Manager to ensure the satisfactory execution and completion of assigned projects.
- Manages general maintenance repairs and interior renovation projects within established schedule/budget utilizing outside designers, contractors and GCA Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact