Closes: Friday, December 14, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School diploma or equivalence, and vocational skills training in electrical repairs and HVAC.
- Two years’ work experience in general maintenance, minor electrical repairs, plumbing and servicing HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to follow OSHA safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of operating small and large equipment.
- Willingness to work in the day, evening, on Saturday, at unconventional times as necessary.
- Ability to work well with co-workers, and the public.
- Demonstrated professionalism in attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.
- Associate’s degree, and vocational skills training in electrical repairs and HVAC.
- Five years’ work experience in general maintenance, minor electrical repairs, plumbing and servicing HVAC equipment.
- Experience in mechanical repairs
- Carpentry experience
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, the General Maintenance Worker performs maintenance tasks as indicated below. In order to accomplish the objectives of this position, the General Maintenance Worker performs the following functions:
- Provides general maintenance of campus buildings and grounds, including completion of maintenance work orders as assigned.
- Installs and repairs electrical systems.
- Services air conditioning and heating systems.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs and installations.
- Performs minor vehicle maintenance and/ or transports vehicles to local repair facilities.
- Move and sets up equipment as needed.
- Performs minor renovation and construction projects
- Assists in the Central Receiving operation and will receipt for and deliver equipment, parcels, and process official mail to various departments on and off campus.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Facilities in support of college maintenance program.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, copies of any industry certifications and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be October 31, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact