- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's Degree in Geology OR
- Master's Degree in a closely related area with 18 or more graduate semester credit hours in Geology. (Applicants not qualified to teach college-level coursework will not be considered).
- Experience teaching college level Geology
- Experience advising college students.
- Experience teaching high school students.
- Experience teaching courses online.
- Experience using Blackboard.
Adjunct instructor is needed to teach Geology courses including day, evening and distance courses.
The purpose of an adjunct instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
Please include copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Teach curriculum to students.
- Maintain accurate documentation required for students and instructors for the course.
- Keep current with information and skills in teaching field.
- Work cooperatively with all directors and staff.