Closes: Thursday, October 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution required. Two years of relevant experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and electronic grant submission systems needed. Candidate should have knowledge of federal, state, and private grant processes and procedures and demonstrated experience in developing successful grant proposals. Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required.
Responsible for securing external funds through formal grant proposals from professional/private foundations, corporations, federal and state agencies and other external agencies and handling grants full scope of grants process from research/application through reporting to end of grant.
- Stay current on trends, statistics, research, and public policy in education and workforce development that will affect funding opportunities, proposal writing, and reporting.
- Actively seek, identify, analyze, and pursue potential sources of additional funding from state and federal government, foundations, business and industry, and other appropriate sources and make recommendations concerning application for potential grants that match College strategies and goals and search requests.
- Serve as a liaison with funding source program and contract officers, resource developers nationally, and with community organizations who are existing or potential grant-funded project partners.
- Assist potential grant seekers in conceptualizing projects to fit NCC strategies and priorities, meet the guidelines and expectations of the grantor, complement existing College programs and initiatives, and comply with College procedures and processes.
- Develop and maintain successful and productive working relationships and potential and current funding sources and internal constituents by exhibiting a professional attitude to ensure appropriate consideration of grant proposals and to build a reputation of success with funders.
- Research/develop, write and coordinate proposals and related documents required for grant submissions and submit in a timely manner according to grant guidelines.
- Track proposal submissions and progress. Review and disseminate grant contracts, conditions, and proposal reviews.
- Develop and maintain a process to monitor grant compliance.
- Complete all grant reports and adhere to deadlines as required by the funding source and the Vice President of Advancement and Executive Director of NCC Foundation
- Conduct orientation and grant workshops for college personnel to ensure dissemination and effective internal grant implementation following award notification.
- Create, design, and implement processes and procedures related to grants management and
- proposal development.
- Maintain a positive, proactive relationship with Accounting, Purchasing, Human Resources, Payroll, and funding agencies to ensure full grant compliance and process efficiency.
- Coordinate with Business Office to monitor adherence to grant award contract conditions.
- Work collaboratively with Institutional Effectiveness and Continuing Education to coordinate the gathering of College data and information needed for proposals.
- Advise project directors concerning negotiation of new grants, effective startups, and grant management issues.
- Assist in the implementation of special College grant-funded initiatives.
- Assist in public recognition and cultivate continuing relationships of grantors.
- Maintain an organized computer database of grant proposals and backup files for security of college documents and reports.
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**