Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or its equivalent;
2. Must have a minimum of one year of part-time or equivalent experience working with a demographically diverse population in a fast-paced environment;
3. Must have a minimum of one year of part-time or equivalent experience in either customer service or administrative / office work;
4. Must be proficient in a foreign language such as Spanish, Russian, or another Eastern European language such as Romanian or Ukrainian.
1. Experience with adult basic education and/or College and Career Readiness programs in the community college setting;
2. Experience working with social media or websites;
3. Experience working with Colleague;
4. Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint.
Job Description Summary
Welcomes a diverse audience of current and prospective students to Transitional Studies and facilitates enrollment growth for all programs in the department. Serves as the first point of contact for walk-in traffic and callers during peak hours. Provides information and enrollment support over the phone, in person, and via video conferencing platforms as needed in English and
other languages as needed and able. Updates and distributes marketing materials at the request of program staff. Assists with website updates and social media outreach, as well as outbound calls to students and partner agencies. Assists with gathering and updating accurate student information in the Colleague and SharePoint systems.
1. Serves as the first point of contact at the window for those entering, calling, or emailing the department’s Hemlock Building and addresses their needs appropriately.
2. Uses diverse language and communication skills to serve students who are English language learners and/or have low levels of literacy.
3. Connects visitors and students to specialized assistance, departmental offerings, and services.
4. Assists Coordinators and Specialists by making outbound calls to current and former students and/or meeting them in Hemlock Building as requested for recruiting, surveying, event sign-up, etc.
5. Views student information in Colleague or ADVANSYS and SharePoint to verify enrollment status, confirm or update contact information, etc. Updates student information in SharePoint as needed, or communicates changes to appropriate program staff.
6. Assists Coordinators and Specialists with the creation and distribution of marketing information, social media posts, bulletin boards, promotional materials & the department’s website.
7. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
8. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.