Closes: Friday, May 18, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma or GED/Adult High School diploma required.
- Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and associated software.
- Must have valid North Carolina Driver’s License and a driving record which allows applicant to be insurable under WCC’s auto insurance policy.
- One year of experience in grounds maintenance or related work preferred.
- Bilingual and National Career Readiness Certificate is preferred.
The primary responsibility is to maintain the campus grounds. Tasks include maintenance of lawns, trees and shrubs, parking areas, roads and athletic facilities. Duties include mowing and trimming grassy areas, pruning trees, raking leaves and grass clippings, weed removal, spreading mulch, picking up litter, emptying outside trash receptacles and applying lime, fertilizer and pesticides. The groundskeeper performs routine maintenance and servicing of grounds equipment and other duties as assigned.
If selected for employment, the applicant must submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
INSTITUTION: Wayne Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College system. Located in Goldsboro, the college serves Wayne and adjoining counties. Wayne Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. A Tobacco Free Campus as of August 1, 2009.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and all support materials, including copies of certifications and post- secondary transcripts via ApplicantOne at http://www.waynecc.edu/jobs. No paper applications will be accepted. Applications will be screened and the most qualified applicants interviewed. All applicants will be notified once the position is filled.