Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County
Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Come Join Our TEAM!
The Grounds Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the campus Grounds/Landscape Department at the Henderson County Campus and maintaining the grounds of the College in order to present a pleasing and welcoming appearance to our students and the community.
Education: High School degree, Valid Driver’s license, Certificate in Turf Management and Landscape Management. Certificate in Environmental Health and Safety Management, ISO Awareness, DOT Hazardous Materials, Hazards Materials. Certified US Forestry standards in Chainsaw, OSHA General Industrial Safety and Health, Occupational Safety and Health, CPR. If all certifications are not held you must be able to obtain them in the first year of employment.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of progressive grounds/landscaping management experience
Knowledge and Skills: The ideal person will possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
- Ability to work flexible hours as night and weekend work may be required to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills with commitment to customer service, continuous quality improvement and the mission of BRCC.
- Ability to plan and direct operations in regards to grounds.
- Familiarity with state and federal regulations and building codes.
- Able to prioritize,schedule work tasks, and problem solve
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members and other departments.
- Maintain the technical competencies necessary to the job function.
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.Must be able to operate in all types of conditions, including rain, snow, sleet and other natural and man-made hazardous situations.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact