Closes: Monday, June 27, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or equivalent. Valid driver’s license.
Previous experience operating commercial mowers and trimmers and knowledge of fertilizer and chemical application.
The Groundskeeper reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for maintaining attractive grounds. The primary area of focus is Main, South, and Warren Campuses and occasional work at Franklin Campus.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Maintain lawns to include mowing, trimming, edging, spraying for weeds, seeding, fertilizing, and watering.
- Maintain trees, shrubs, and flowers to include fertilizing, weeding, trimming, pruning, spraying, mulching, and watering.
- Remove debris from sidewalks, steps, walkways, bridges, and parking lots.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, bridges, steps, and walkways.
- Remove litter from grounds and empty exterior trash cans.
- Blow, rake, and remove leaves.
- Plant trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Service and repair grounds equipment.
- Move and assemble furniture and equipment.
- Remove and store surplus furniture and equipment.
- Perform facility maintenance as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or the Director of Plant Operations.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work from ladders or mechanical lifts
- Ablity to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Walking, standing, bending, kneeling, and repetitive movements.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact