Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to repair and maintain equipment. Demonstrated ability to care for plants and grounds.
Minimum Education and Experience:
A High school diploma/equivalent plus two years of experience in grounds maintenance required. Must possess valid NC driver's license.
NCDA applicators license preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Apply fertilizer, lime, insecticides, and herbicides as directed by the Head Groundskeeper.
- Maintain mowers and tractors in good operating condition and maintain routine service records for equipment.
- Mow grass and prune plants as needed.
- Monitor inventories of supplies, parts, and other items needed to perform job duties.
- Assist other Maintenance Department workers as needed.
- Other duties. (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Applications may be filed online at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/richmondcc
OPEN UNTIL FILLED