Flaat Rock, NC
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Responsible for maintaining campus grounds/gardens and all outside spaces stay in good condition, both horticultural and aesthetically.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser to apply directly on our website.
What You'll be Doing
- Remove all tree and paper litter on a regular schedule.
- Help with leaf removal and snow removal.
- Assist in grounds maintenance in and around bed work weeding, pruning, fertilizing, cultivating, and watering.
- Help maintain all areas on the campus.
- This person is responsible for mowing and weed eating, and blowing off sidewalks, driveways, and parking lots. Assist with truck deliveries and unloading supplies at the maintenance building using a fork truck.
- Greenhouse work sowing of seeds, transplanting, and installing annuals, and perennials into landscape beds.
- Manage the IPM Program for the Flat Rock Campus after acquiring a Pesticide license.
- Keep up-to-date records of IPM Practice, and chemical inventory after acquiring Pesticide License.
- Insure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies
- Must be able to work alone in a high capacity.
- Help in Plant Operations when needed.
- Help with Parking when needed on campus for events.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor or Director of Facilities and Plant Operations.
High school diploma required, Associate's Degree in Horticulture preferred.
All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a workplace setting or environment.
Skills and the Know-How
Valid driver’s license. Possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Basics using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, College email and website, and web-based computer applications associated with the position. Experience in grounds upkeep, ability to prioritize work tasks, ability to solve problems, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Maintain the technical competencies necessary to the job function.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines. This position does work outdoors in inclement weather.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
Job Post Contact