1042 W Hamlet Ave, Hamlet, North Carolina
Closes: Sunday, October 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to repair and maintain equipment. Demonstrated ability to care for plants and grounds.
Minimum Education and Experience:
A High school diploma/equivalent plus two years of experience in grounds maintenance required. Must possess valid NC driver's license.
NCDA applicators license preferred.
General Description: The Groundskeeper, under the supervision of the Horticulturist, is responsible for performing routine tasks in the upkeep of grounds and related equipment.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Apply fertilizer, lime, insecticides, and herbicides as directed by the Horticulturist.
- Maintain mowers and tractors in good operating condition and maintain routine service records for equipment.
- Mow grass and prune plants as needed.
- Monitor inventories of supplies, parts, and other items needed to perform job duties.
- Assist other Maintenance Department workers as needed.
- Other duties. (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins Immediately. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: RCC Salary Level 3. Starting range, $31,200 - $37,307, commensurate with experience.
Location: Main Campus
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804
Fax: (910) 582-7028
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer