Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, October 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent;
2. Must have a minimum of six months of full-time or equivalent groundskeeping experience;
3. Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license.
1. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent experience in an educational institution;
2. Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent groundskeeping experience;
3. Herbicides, Pesticides, or Forklift Licenses;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Performs a variety of tasks related to the maintenance of campus grounds including mowing grass, weed eating, trimming shrubs, raking and sweeping, watering lawns, and weeding of ornamental beds. Snow removal and assisting other departments in Plant Operations.
1. Operates college vehicles and powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles.
2. Mows, trims, and edges lawns using commercial mowers, weed eaters/trimmers, and edgers, and performs cleanup.
3. Removes snow and ice from walks, steps, driveways, parking lots, and spreads ice melt, salt and sand as needed.
4. Maintains lawns, trees and flower beds by mulching, aerating, weeding, trimming limbs, hedging shrubs/hedges, trimming or edging around flower beds, walks and walls.
5. Operates hand tools and power tools, for example: shovels, rakes, pruning saws, hedge/brush trimmers, axes, shears, pruners, and chain saws.
6. Gathers and removes trash and litter across campus.
7. Mixes and sprays or spreads fertilizer, herbicides or insecticides onto grass, shrubs or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
8. Maintains or repairs tools and equipment using hand or power tools.
9. Removes leaves on campus.
10. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
11. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
12. Performs other duties deemed necessary by upper management.