1011 Page Street Troy, NC 27371
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 28, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A.A.S. in Gunsmithing or equivalent and 5 years of Gunsmithing experience.
- Applicants who can complete an A.A.S degree within two years of hiring may be considered.
- Must demonstrate a broad knowledge of machining, stock work, and firearms design/function theory as well as strong communications skills.
- Computer skills and welding experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass background checks demonstrating legal authorization to possess a firearm.
- May be required to lift and move heavy objects up to approximately 75 pounds as well as stand for long periods of time.
The GunSmithing Instructor will provide classroom and lab instruction for various subjects related to Gunsmithing. Course content will introduce the basic skills needed to refurbish metal, wood, composites, and laminates as applicable to firearms, to diagnose malfunctions for repair, and to accomplish more complex custom gunsmithing tasks such as restoration of firearms, stock making, barrel work, and repair and custom work. In conjunction with the direct supervisor, evaluate and improve program quality; stay abreast of applicable regulations applied to the industry; and complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner. . This position is a 12 month position and will include day, night, and weekend shifts.
- Provides instruction to introduce students to the Gunsmithing industry.
- Develop course syllabi, outlines, and lesson plans for curriculum courses assigned.
- Review and select appropriate textbooks and instructional materials
and media for the classes to be taught.
- Develops lectures, classroom activities, and hands-on exercises for
students to participate and learn.
- Monitors and records student progress in courses.
- Administers tests or other evaluation methods to students.
- Keeps records of student attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of GunSmithing.
Montgomery Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.