Closes: Monday, December 6, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- High School Diploma/GED. Bachelor degree in Exercise Physiology, Physical Education or related discipline preferred.
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- 1 or 2 years’ experience in volleyball coaching at the college level or 3+ years coaching at the high school or similar level. Experience in scheduling and travel, budget development, management, and oversight is preferred.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of training implementation and competition of volleyball. The ability to communicate effectively and timely with student athletes and other coaches.
- NJCAA rules and regulations
- High School and Club teams in the region for recruiting purposes.
Required license or certificate:
- Driver’s license required. Valid Commercial drivers license and CPR certification preferred. Applicants will be expected to earn CPR and CDL certification if not held at the time of employment.
- Bachelor degree in Exercise Physiology, Physical Education or related discipline preferred. Preference will be given to applicants with college coaching experience and/or college playing experience.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The head volleyball coach will coordinate all phases of the Volleyball program including competition and practice planning, mentoring of students, recruitment and development of student-athletes, equipment, contests, social media and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics. Additionally, a thorough understanding of and accountability to NJCAA and institutional rules and regulations is necessary. The employee should have the ability to effectively handle a work environment and conditions which involve an office and classroom workspace, gymnasium and weight room workspace, working closely with others and typically working irregular hours. The employee must maintain the office and teaching environments by maintaining equipment and supplies, ensuring overall cleanliness, functionality and conformance to OSHA standards to provide a safe work environment.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Implement coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop the skill level of student athletes and the principles of teamwork. Analyze performance of team and adjust strategies as needed.
- Attend all practices, trips and scheduled competitions (including evenings and weekends) and travel with the team.
- Maintain adequate records, statistics, scores, etc. of game results as well as student athlete’s participation records and accomplishments.
- Represent the college, the athletic department, and the community in a positive manner and reflect adherence to institutional values and expectations.
- Regularly communicate and maintain high expectations of how student athletes are to represent the college both on and off the floor
- Meet with athletes on performance issues, study skills, and techniques for academic success
- Establish realistic responsibilities and reliable procedures for assistant coaches in conjunction with the Director of Athletics.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with college and community members including students, employees, parents and media.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the Director of Athletics.