Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Excellent computer skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exemplary organizational and customer service skills with commitment to the holistic development of the individual
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment without close supervision
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Understanding of the community college mission and higher education in general as it relates to academic performance
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating with college personnel and community agencies and organizations
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
- Knowledge and experience with Datatel computer systems
- Associates Degree* from a regionally accredited college or university
- Experience in recruiting and coaching high school or college athletics
- Experience NCHSAA and or NJCAA athletics
- Coaching experience
- Community college experience
- CPR and Defibrillator certification
- Valid driver’s license and CDL license
The Head Volleyball Coach (Women’s) is responsible for planning, managing, coordinating, operating, and evaluating the Division II Women’s Volleyball program at the College. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, this position is expected to adhere to the responsibilities of competitive success, maintain compliance of the rules and regulations within the parameters of the NJCAA, and the development of student athletes into engaged citizens using a holistic approach. In addition the Head Volleyball Coach will focus on academic success and the fiscal responsibility of the athletics budget and resources. This is a stipend-funded, part-time position.
Primary Duties – May include, but not limited to the following
- Consult with the Director of Athletics on all matters of athletics not limited to but including: recruitment, safety, player retention, behavior issues, equipment needs, red shirting, insurance, travel and all other areas of DDCC athletics.
- Manage and direct the Volleyball program.
- Provide direction to the assistant coaching staff and game operations workers and provide feedback during the evaluation process.
- Plan and direct athletic events including practices and games.
- Coordinate recruitment of potential players and scouting opponents.
- With direction from the Director of Athletics and in collaboration with the Regional Athletic Directors and coaches, develop a competitive schedule.
- Plan and direct athletic skill development for student-athletes.
- Travel with student athletes on the team bus to and from athletic events.
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, college, and the NJCAA.
- Maintain necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time. All records must be maintained confidentially.
- Check and secure all office, storage room, outside doors, locker rooms after games and practices.
- Complete and maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
- Teach student athletes conflict resolution, time management and other life skills.
- Use the administrative and reporting structure of the college to manage athletes.
- Assists the Director, Student Activities and Wellness with alumni relations and fundraising.
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.
- In coordination with the Director of Athletics, and the Athletics Academic Advisor monitor student-athlete academic performance and implement team, athletic department, and College resources to support their academic performance.
- Perform other tasks as assigned that support the mission and initiatives of the Women’s volleyball program and the college. I have read and understand the responsibilities of this position and the ADA requirements related to it (a copy of which is attached).
Pay: range is $6,500 - $8,500