Closes: Friday, April 26, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience in recruiting and coaching high school or college athletics
- Excellent computer skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exemplary organizational and customer service skills with a commitment to the holistic development of the individual
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment without close supervision
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
- Knowledge and experience with Datatel Computer System
- Experience NCHSAA and or NJCAA athletics
- Community college experience
- CDL Licensure
The Head Coach, Women's Volleyball is responsible for planning, managing, coordinating, operating, and evaluating the Division II Women's Volleyball program at the College. The Head Volleyball Coach is expected to adhere to the responsibilities of competitive success, maintain compliance of the rules and regulations within the parameters of the NJCAA, and the development of student-athletes into engaged citizens using a holistic approach. In addition, the Head Volleyball Coach focuses on academic success and the fiscal responsibility of the athletics budget and resources. This is a part-time, stipend-funded position.
This position reports to the Director, Student Athletics and Wellness and has the following additional responsibilities:
1. Consult with the Director, Student Athletics and Wellness on all matters of athletics not limited to but including: recruitment, safety, player retention, behavior issues, equipment needs, red shirting, insurance, travel and all other areas of DCCC athletics.
2. Manage and direct the Women's Volleyball program.
3. Provide direction to the assistant coaching staff and game operations workers and provide feedback during the evaluation process.
4. Plan and direct athletic events including practices and games.
5. Coordinate the recruitment of potential players and scouting opponents.
6. With direction from the Director, Student Athletics and Wellness and in collaboration with the Regional Athletic Directors and coaches, develop a competitive schedule.
7. Plan and direct athletic skill development for student-athletes.
8. Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team by the college and the NJCAA.
9. Maintain necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time. All records must be maintained confidentially.
10. Complete and maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
11. Teach student-athletes conflict resolution, time management and other life skills.
12. Use the administrative and reporting structure of the college to manage athletes.
13. Assists the Director, Student Activities and Wellness with alumni relations and fundraising.
14. Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting team activities.
15. In coordination with the Director, Student Athletics and Wellness, monitor student-athlete academic performance and implement team, athletic department, and College resources to support their academic performance.
16. Perform other tasks as assigned that support the mission and initiatives of the Women's Volleyball program and the college.