54 College Drive, Marion, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education must be commensurate with academic area and within the guidelines of the North Carolina Community College System and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Minimum Requirements: Must hold an Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology or Management, and hold a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credential. Must be competent in oral and written communication and experience teaching online courses. Must be able to utilize appropriate business software, including word processing, spreadsheet and database. Must be proficient with Microsoft and other applicable computer programs. Must possess confidence to deal with visitors, instructors, staff and students effectively through excellent communication skills. Must be a team-player and be able to multitask. Must be able to maintain confidential information.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or related field.
The Health Information Technology faculty works directly with the Director of the Health Information Technology Program to effectively implement the curriculum including classroom, laboratory, and professional practice experience teaching. Responsible for maintaining RHIT or RHIA and additional certification. Responsible for the organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of the Health Information Technology program.
- Collaborates with the Director of Health Information Technology in developing, implementing, and evaluating the curriculum and program outcomes.
- Participates in planning, implementing, and evaluating program policies for admission, progression and retention to support students in meeting graduation requirements.
- Assists with establishing professional practice experience sites and guidelines for students and preceptors.
- Assists with coordination of observational experiences with clinical agencies.
- Functions as an academic advisor and counselor for designated students including registration duties.
- Participates in departmental, advisory, and administrative support committee meetings as scheduled.
- Instruct course load in compliance with faculty workload policy for adult students, workforce development and dual enrollment programs to include day/evening/weekend semester schedules when necessary.
- Schedule and post regular office hours for consultations with students.
- Accurately complete and submit paperwork in a timely manner to the appropriate area, including: office hours, course syllabus for each course taught, attendance rosters, grade sheets, drop/add forms, independent study forms, course substitutions, credit by exam forms, surveys, etc.
- Assist the Program Director in maintenance of current and permanent official student records with storage that prevents damage and unauthorized use in compliance with the Commission on Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM) Education standards.
- Recommend textbooks with respective Director/Department chair in accordance with the college’s textbook ordering procedures.
- Supports the college in planning and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Actively participate in professional development activities related to respective disciplines for personal growth development including membership in professional organizations.
- Actively recruit students by participating (as schedule permits) in recruiting functions on and off campus.
- Implement all policies as established by the Board of Trustees.
Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Submit an MTCC application and resume:
Via email to- email@example.com
Via snail mail to-
McDowell Technical Community College
54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
In-person to- Breanna Wilson, MTCC, 54 College Drive (Marion, NC), Cedar Building, Business Office
Offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of official transcripts.
If you have questions, contact Breanna Wilson by email, phone or fax: