Remote Position, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, February 29, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Must possess a minimum of an Associate Degree.
Required Industry Credentials:
- Must possess a current Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credential.
- Minimum two years of full-time experience in a healthcare setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Science field
- Post-secondary level teaching experience
- Experience teaching online classes
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Health Information Technology Adjunct Instructor is responsible for providing students with adequate attention, instruction and supervised practice to acquire the knowledge and competence needed for entry-level practice.
Please include unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Will be required to submit official copies of transcripts before start date.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Embrace the institutional goals of Central Carolina Community College by engaging students as full partners in the learning process, removing barriers for student progression in the Health Information Technology program, and supporting and assisting students in achieving their educational goals.
- Use teaching methodology that incorporates Health Information Technology concepts in a dynamic instructional environment that promotes a positive and interactive learning experience for all students.
- Provide students with adequate attention and instruction to acquire the knowledge needed to demonstrate CAHIIM competencies at the appropriate Bloom’s level needed for program graduation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the changes in the healthcare industry as it relates to Health Information Technology and assist the Department Chair with updates to the course when appropriate to keep current with new rules and regulations.
- Actively participate in advisory board and department meetings.
- Obtain a Blackboard Level I, II, and Ultra training and maintain the Bb course site for this course.
- Complete the five-hour staff development requirement annually.
- Maintain current industry credentials, including earning annual CEUs.
- Following are the instructor expectations for this position:
- Create/update each course being taught each semester.
- Create/update the syllabus for each course being taught each semester.
- Create/update an announcement for each week of the class.
- Respond to all student calls and emails within 48 hours.
- Be present in the online course and engage students in the weekly discussion boards.
- Enter attendance weekly into Self Service.
- Grade all assignments as soon as possible, to allow students time to make corrections before the next assignment is due.
- Ensure all grades are reported in compliance with the 10-day college grading policy.
- Notify your supervisor if you are unable to meet the instructor expectations as noted above.
- Be responsible for and perform other such duties as may be assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, all faculty will encourage a learning environment in which everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.